Conscious Health & Sports will make you perform better, and more sustainable in the long run: becoming a better, healthier, ánd stronger version of yourself.
So in many ways, Ego2Eco transformation applies perfectly to Health & Sports.
How to do it?
For this we need to go inside ourselves and find what is talking to us: our Ego (our destructive-inner child) or our Eco (our Healthy Ego/Equality & Care for yourself and others)
If the Ego is talking, then we should go against it, contra-behaviour that is called in psychology. If for example I want to buy candy, and my Ego is crying for it, I should stop, think twice, and do something else instead, for example, buying a healthy smoothie: also sweet, but healthy.
The same accounts for Health & Sports: if we want that goal and push ourselves to the limit, maybe in competition with others, where it becomes unhealthy, we do it out of Ego, rather than Eco.
In contrast, when we sport out of Eco, we value ourselves, our bodies, our limits, and others equally. Not much pushing is involved, but healthy motivation, and maybe some competition based on equality, rather than Ego.
However, sometimes, pushing is necessary for personal (therapeutic) purposes: e.g.: to get an health boost for your heart and mind, you might want to choose for a sprint, followed by a slower pace. Just to get (quickly) in shape.
Here are the 7 principles you can always put in practice:
1. Download information and reflect: Become aware of yourself and the World around health and sports.
2. Shift the shock and denial stages into Seeing and Sensing the problem of old habbits as well as your awareness and behaviour.
3. Ego to Eco Transition: Reflect, Be Present, and Be Open about your emotions and behaviour, while shifting your Ego into Eco, and respond in an emotional mature way (see below).
4. Vision&Maturity: Step away from bargaining and depression, and choose collaboration and empowerment, as well as resilience.
5. Prototype your new responses into reality.
6. Perform as an Health & Sports Leader by yourself and/or inspire others along the way.
7. Repeat this process until your awareness and behaviour is rooted in Eco, rather than Ego.
Anxiety into Resolve for peaceful maximum mitigation.
Anger into Empowerment (impoverished), Humility (affluent) and/or Action.
Hate into Respect and Understanding accepting interdependence.
Guilt into Reparation – need to set up routes for reparation.
Blame into Forgiveness through reparation.
Judgement into Trust from collective purpose and resolve.
Jealousy into (Spiritual) Development, Self-Confidence and Self-Respect for mutual acceptance and diversity.
Picture: The Nature of Business